We are currently seeking a candidate with a minimum of 3 years’ experience to join our Software Development team as a Lead Tester.
This role could be suited to a candidate looking to progress towards a leadership role progressing from mid level.
Reporting to the Ecommerce Development Manager, you will be involved in arranging a test strategy for the integration of our cutting edge eCommerce platform (WebPOS) to third party systems. You will be the gateway to the business for the established in-house Testing team.
A major aspect of this role is to collaborate with Software Developers and Release Management DevOps teams to ensure that solutions are to the desired functional quality and troubleshoot any problems with release to internal test environments.
You will oversee the kick-off, monitoring of client User Acceptance Test programs collaborating with our Project Management team.
This role would suit a candidate who wishes to be (or is) a JIRA administrator, understands Continuous integration tooling and has a keen interest in Test methodology – and keeping up to date with advances in this field.
On a project, you would typically:
- Estimate effort needed to complete test cycles
- Identify the scope of the testing required for a particular release based on the requirements
- Identify metrics to measure quality and progress of test execution
- Assist on test cycles
- Maintain and extend our JIRA platform as an administrator
- Retain an interest until the platform goes live to make it meets agreed quality benchmarks
- 3 years’ experience in a software testing role
- A good understanding of development / test life cycles (SDLC/ STLC) practices and tools
- A degree or postgraduate qualification
- Experience within Non Functional Testing (performance, scalability, security)
- Experience of MS SQL and able to demonstrate ability to write T-SQL to test data queries
- Knowledge of test automation
- Experience of ecommerce
If you are passionate about testing and working with leading brands simply send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.