PureNet is a multi-award winning provider of world-class enterprise ecommerce and custom web solutions for leading names in Retail, Manufacturing, and Finance. We have a variety of clients from small to large, local to world famous with projects that range from simple to highly complex. This is an excellent time to join a vibrant company as we are continuing to grow, giving our team plenty of opportunities to develop within the company.
Reporting to the Ecommerce Development Manager, we are currently seeking an experienced Magento Team Lead to join our established team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of being hands-on in the software architecture, design, coding and technical development process of Magento stores.
We develop both Magento Community and Enterprise sites. You should have experience of Magento 1 and Magento 2, the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP) stack. You will also be experienced using HTML, CSS and front-end techniques and tools e.g. Sass / LESS.
PureNet believe in the Magento Certified team ethos and attendance to Magento technical community events will be encouraged within the role.
Liaison with Infrastructure and Sales teams is a large element of the role so a versatile candidate who likes client interaction and has a keen interest in the deeper technical LAMP stack and would relish this opportunity.
- Lead a team of Back-End Magento PHP Developers developing projects end-to-end, creating our own extensions, and extending existing extensions to meet client requirements
- Technically lead the team to review and overcome technical challenges
- Lead the company into the Magento 2 sphere whilst supporting legacy Magento 1 clients
- Individually contribute code to projects – setting the benchmark for others.
- Peer Review code created by other team members
- Code Audit existing Magento Stores as future clients
- Technically support the frontend team on Magento projects
- In-depth knowledge of Magento framework, System Architecture, Themes, Modules, Functionality and Configuration.
- You will manage, task and size backlogs, resolve blocks and approach technical uncertainty with enthusiasm to keep your team’s velocity optimal.
- Provide technical support to the Sales teams
- Assist the help desk team with escalations from live sites
- Assist in interviews to build out the team further
- Proven Experience creating custom extensions and themes on Magento 1
- Expertise in Git-based source control
- Strong database skills, ability to use MySQL and experience with back-end PHP development
- Magento 2 experience
- Magento Developer / Frontend Certification
- Bash command line experience
- Docker / XAMPP / WAMPServer
- Experience creating complex backend functionality to help
- Experience in Atlassian tools e.g. JIRA, Confluence
If you are passionate about Magento development and working with leading brands simply send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.